1、Describe a gift you want to give to someone and why you want to give it to him/her.
2、Do you agree that being a teacher is easier than being a student?
3、R: There is a statement on newspaper that requires Spanish students to live in the school instead of outside. The first reason is that living outside is too expensive and the dormitories are much cheaper. The second reason is that living in the dormitories help students get along with Spanish students and also practice their language study.
L: The woman holds a negative attitude towards it. She complains that this is not a good policy.
1) Firstly, she says that living outside is not that expensive. For example, her sister found a home stay which is close to the school and also very cheap.
2) Furthermore, she says the students live together will only hang out, which will not help the language study.
R: The term is the Responding Effort, when people do something, the efforts they put into it depend on the possibility of completing the mission.
L: (The professor) Well, today we will talk about the Responding Effort. I will give an example to illustrate this term. For instance, when kids are told to draw pictures by using crayons and put them away into a bin. The kids do not try and give up immediately; they just leave them on the table and floor because it is difficult to put them into a small cabin. Then the teacher changed the strategy to ask kids to put crayons into a big plastic bin, and the kids might think this mission is possible to complete, and finally they clean all crayons up and put them into the bin.
5、The student invited a speaker to his school, but he does not know where the speaker should live.
Two suggestions, 1) The student could clean up his dormitory and invite the speaker to live in. But there is not enough time and he also does not want to leave a bad impression on the speaker.
2) The speaker could live in the hotel. But the charge is too expensive.
6、Two reasons why roosting is important to the survival of bats.
1) First reason is the disability to stop in the air, so bats roost up in order to prey some insects as soon as they spread their wings .
2) Second reason is to avoid the attack from snakes. When bats are sleeping, they are vulnerable. So if they roost in some places higher, they will not be attacked by snakes and also get some good sleep.